Technical Specialist II – Healthcare
Environmental health and safety professional to work as part of the EH&S strategic support teams at various on-site healthcare locations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Hazardous Materials Management: assist in shipping hazardous materials and biological materials; investigate research environment incidents; respond after-hour emergencies.
- Laboratory Inspections: assist with periodic inspections of laboratories; conduct air sampling for specific materials used in the healthcare environment.
- Safety Training: conduct laboratory EH&S training programs; provide specific laboratory procedures training.
- Monitoring: perform industrial hygiene monitoring and respirator fit testing as needed. Maintain records and issue reports.
- Compliance: assists in OSHA, DEP, MWRA and EPA compliance activities.
Education / Training
Must have B.S. degree in industrial hygiene, safety, or the natural and/or physical sciences. Should have 1–3 years of experience working in EH&S or a closely-related field. Direct work experience in a hospital or a clinical laboratory preferred.
Occasional travel to other client sites within Boston and the New England area may be required; must provide own vehicle and have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to participate in a rotating off-hours emergency response on-call program as applicable at client sites.
EH&E, an employee-owned company, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a robust benefits package including profit sharing, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, tuition assistance, and 401(k).
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send résumé and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com