Senior Commissioning/Mechanical Engineer
Seeking a senior level engineer with a focus on: HVAC system performance, forensic engineering, system optimization and energy calculations. This position will report to the Director of Commissioning Services. Candidates must have a solid foundation in commercial and institutional HVAC design, construction, operation, and controls. The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial building construction background (Healthcare and Life Science facility experience required) with a focus on mechanical, plumbing and life safety systems. We are seeking a candidate having a minimum of 15 years overall experience with significant experience in system performance testing, troubleshooting, project management and client interaction.
- Understanding of complex HVAC and control systems, including an ability to evaluate and troubleshoot
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with history of taking initiative to solve problems
- Ability to forensically evaluate energy-consuming systems and detect and evaluate deficiencies, quantify energy losses, and determine cost
- Ability to work multiple large-scale projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of follow-through and communication with key stakeholders
- Dedication to completing projects on time and within budget
- High level of attention to detail with an ability to self-QC work
- Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, and problem solving skills
- Highly effective communicator with clear and concise writing and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain organized, detailed and accurate project records
- Experience with different types of stand-alone monitoring equipment including flow meters, temperature loggers, electrical meters, and others
- High degree of professionalism with an ability to interact with others at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project
- Understanding of site safety procedures, including electrical safety
Education / Training
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required, PE license a plus (not required). Excellent written and oral communication skills are mandatory for this position. Additionally, candidates should be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Access, as well as CAD.
EH&E, an employee-owned company, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a robust benefits package including profit sharing, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, tuition assistance, and 401(k).
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send résumé and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com