EH&S Technician – Healthcare (Entry Level)
Working alongside Environmental Health & Engineering (EH&E) Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) professionals, the EH&S Technician will conduct specified environmental air and surface sampling in a hospital setting. May conduct respirator fit testing and training as well. (Training will be provided for this position).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for proper calibration of monitoring and sampling equipment being used
- Field preparation including cleaning equipment, labeling, stocking, documenting
- Follows the sampling strategy that the Senor Scientist has developed
- Collects field notes
- Prepares samples for laboratory analysis
- Properly ships samples to laboratory
- Coordinates with laboratory and equipment manufacturer, as warranted
Respirator Fit Testing:
- Trains others in the proper use and maintenance of their respirator
- Provides hands-on training on respirator use with various hospital clients
- Calibrates and maintains the sampling equipment and media
- Keeps meticulous records regarding samples being taken and sent out to testing laboratory
- Maintains records of respirator fit testing training
Education / Training
High school diploma, Associates Degree Environmental Science preferred. Training will be provided for this position.
Up-to-date immunization records will be required. Must be able spend hours at a time on feet and lift at least 10 pounds.
EH&E, an employee-owned company, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a robust benefits package including profit sharing, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, tuition assistance, and 401(k).
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send résumé and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com