EH&S Specialist – Healthcare Compliance Consultant
Candidate will provide consultation for our growing healthcare practice. S/he will work with both regional and national clients to audit and improve hospital Physical Environment, Environment of Care and Life Safety programs, occupational monitoring and industrial hygiene programs, as well as other programs related to occupational safety and the built environment. This will be conducted through the following efforts:
- Mock audits and survey preparedness (Joint Commission, DNV-GL, CMS)
- Environmental tours (i.e., inspections)
- Mold and moisture assessments
- Indoor air quality assessments
- Industrial hygiene monitoring
- PCRA/ICRA inspections
In addition to technical project efforts, within six months of hire candidate will provide project management support on small- to medium-sized healthcare projects, which may involve project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and communicating with clients, vendors, and internal staff. Must provide clear, concise and technically strong written deliverables. Must coordinate with other team members to ensure deliverable deadlines are met.
Candidate should demonstrate technical knowledge in the following areas:
- General Environmental Health and Safety requirements in hospitals or closely related environments.
- NFPA Life Safety Code (LSC): interpretation of LSC and related codes, understanding of hospital-specific LSC features, including requirements for doors and required fire/smoke barriers.
- OSHA and EPA/DEP compliance: general knowledge of OSHA and EPA/DEP compliance in hospitals or closely related environments, in order to support program gap assessments and/or targeted program implementation.
Education / Training
Must have B.S. degree in safety, industrial hygiene, fire safety or protection or the natural and/or physical sciences. Professional certification or certification-eligible, (such as CHSP, CIH, CSP, CHMM, HEM) active membership in a professional organization, working knowledge of NFPA, TJC and/or NIAHO, and OSHA/EPA regulations and standards are preferred.
Experience / Background / Knowledge
Must have at a minimum three to five years of experience in a healthcare or closely related environment and have an understanding (and interest/aptitude) of the role of a consultant, working at various client sites. Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
EH&E, an employee-owned enterprise, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a generous benefits package including tuition assistance, and 401(k).
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send résumé and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com