Environmental Health & Safety Consultant – Healthcare
Support Environmental Health and Safety initiatives at our healthcare client site, creating the safest and healthiest environment possible for patients and staff. Manage Environment of Care activities and general safety programs including indoor air quality, chemical hygiene, hazard communication, personal protective equipment and blood-borne pathogens. Perform environmental and occupational health and safety audits, and recommend solutions/improvements for identified issues. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Safety and Environment of Care Program Management: Provides coordination and management of the hospital safety program including maintaining polices and management plans, coordinating committees, and safety education, outreach and training activities.
- Hospital Walkthrough Inspections: Conduct periodic inspections of hospital areas including inpatient, support and ancillary services environments, construction sites, and in accordance with federal, state, and local government regulations and agencies’ policies.
- Hazardous Materials Management: Direct compliance activities related to OSHA requirements for Hazard Communication and Industrial Hygiene as well as US EPA, and MADEP compliance activities, including: Tier 2 tracking and submittal and hazardous waste program management.
- Safety Training and Written Program Updates: Prepare and deliver EH&S training programs; update written materials regarding EH&S (e.g., Chemical Hygiene Plan, Hazard Communication, etc.).
- Pre-Construction Risk Assessment (PCRA Management): Provides support related to the PCRA program including managing PCRA meetings and databases, auditing sites, and providing education to contractors and internal stakeholders.
Education / Training
Must have B.S. degree in safety, industrial hygiene, or the natural and/or physical sciences. Professional certification or certification-eligible, such as CIH, CSP, CHMM, HEM, active membership in a professional organization, working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and TJC regulations and standards, and OSHA 24-hour HAZWOPER and DOT/RCRA hazardous materials training are preferred. In addition, the candidate will have experience with the role of the Joint Commission, the Local Fire Department, and Building officials in compliance activities.
Experience / Background / Knowledge
Must have at least five years of experience in a healthcare environment and have an understanding of the role of a consultant, working at various client sites. Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
EH&E, an employee-owned company, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a robust benefits package including profit sharing, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, tuition assistance, and 401(k).
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send résumé and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com