Construction Safety Specialist – Life Sciences
The construction Safety Specialist is responsible for leading and implementing safety best practices at Life Sciences client sites. The successful Specialist will proactively identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using safety standards and best management practices. This person will also conduct OSHA and other formal and informal safety training to employees within the assigned region.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct inspections of job site and assist project with suggestions and implementation of corrective actions.
- Review Job Hazard Analysis, Fall Protection plans, Excavation Documentation, Confined Space forms, Lockout/Tagout paperwork etc.
- Conduct Safety meetings
- Conduct safety related employee training in all areas of construction safety; both in-classroom and on-the-job settings.
- Monitor and ensure project site is in compliance with all state, federal, and company safety policies and procedures.
- Work directly with company Safety Director and project teams to address specific safety related needs.
- Assist project teams with incident and accident investigations.
- Assist project teams with safety orientations.
Minimum 4 years of safety experience in the field of construction. Must have construction background. Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety preferred. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Demonstrate computer fluency with MS Office. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or verbal instructions. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team orientated, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles. Ability to support project teams and work with subcontractor personnel. Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations. Knowledge of incident and accident investigations. Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
EH&E, an employee-owned company, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a robust benefits package including profit sharing, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, tuition assistance, and 401(k).
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send résumé and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com