Asbestos Project Monitor (Technical Specialist)
The Asbestos Project Monitor/Technical Specialist assists with field investigations and report preparations for commercial, healthcare and/or university clients. You will be responsible for the delivery of technically sound work products that meet internal and external client expectations, on time and on/under budget, provide technical support in the field at client site assessments, and other related projects with input from the Project Manager.
EH&E will provide the weeklong training course for preparation to apply for the Monitor license if you are eligible: document a minimum of six months experience in an occupation comparable to that of asbestos inspection; or two months field experience under the direct supervision of a certified Asbestos Inspector or Management Planner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes abatement activities performed by contractors to ensure that abatement work is completed according to specification and in compliance with all relevant statutes and regulations. Does not perform any asbestos abatement duties.
- Perform the air monitoring for purposes of determining final abatement clearance.
- Conduct environmental assessments, environmental sampling, indoor air quality (IAQ) investigations, laboratory inspections, and OSHA, DEP, MWRA, and EPA compliance activities.
- Collect, analyze and reports on environmental data, such as building materials, atmosphere monitoring, and soil or water samples.
- Collect quality data using specified QC procedures, observes safety precautions.
- Carry out training and development objectives.
- Represent professional, respectful image in the field; has limited interaction with client’s site staff to execute work.
- Will complete EH&E training, able to apply basic scientific and engineering principles in regard to work done.
- Able to clearly communicate basic technical concepts; may need editorial assistance.
- Work within timeframes specified by project manager for specific tasks; communicates to Project Manager if timeframe requirements cannot be met.
Education / Training
A.S. or B.S. degree (environmental science, industrial hygiene, safety, or the natural and/or physical sciences).
Experience / Background / Knowledge
Must be Massachusetts licensed (or eligible) Asbestos Project Monitor, have one to three years of related work experience. HAZWOPER Certification – 40 Hour, OSHA 10 Hour, OSHA 30 hour preferred.
Travel within Boston and the New England area and periodic travel nationally is required; must provide own transportation and have a valid driver’s license; must be able to wear a respirator.
EH&E, an employee-owned enterprise, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a generous benefits package including tuition assistance, and 401(k).
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send résumé and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com