Laboratory Safety Support and Management
Regulatory Compliance & Permitting
- Onsite evaluation to identify specific compliance requirements and permits.
- Ensure renewal of air, water, and hazardous waste-related permits, reports, licenses, and certifications.
- Serve as a liaison and technical representative for interactions with regulatory agencies.
- Develop and implement Chemical Hygiene Plans, Hazard Communication Plans, and Chemical-Specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with OSHA Standards.
Potent Compound Review and SDS Development
- Develop SOPs for potent compounds based on technical review and safety data sheets for Investigational New Drugs.
- Written guidance and training sessions for individuals who handle potent compounds.
Laboratory Safety Inspection Programs
- Develop proper caution signs; labels, and other signage for laboratory areas for regulatory compliance.
- Develop chemical inventories and management systems.
- Identify potential substitutions for high-hazard chemicals.
- Develop and maintain emergency response procedures and equipment.
Technology Transfers from Research to Manufacturing
- Identify environmental health and safety concerns during scale-up.
- Review process flow diagrams to avoid ergonomic and exposure issues.
- Review process instrumentation drawings.
- Perform hazard and operability (HAZOP) and process safety evaluations in accordance with OSHA and industry standards.
Hazardous Material Risk Assessment
- Evaluate potential hazards associated with chemicals and toxins.
- Identify administrative and engineering controls and personal protective equipment to minimize hazards.
Development of a decommissioning plan in accordance with American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) Z9.11-2016, American National Standard for Laboratory Decommissioning that includes the following sections:
- Project Scope
- EH&S during Decontamination Process
- Site Contacts
- Site Visit
- Waste Management Practices
- Facility History
- Facility Description
- Decontamination/Disinfection Operations
- Clearance Sampling and Inspections
Customized training based on your operations and needs.