Healthcare EH&S Consultant – Compliance and Life Safety
Provide program consultation for our growing healthcare practice. Work with clients to audit/improve the Joint Commission Environment of Care and Life Safety programs (mock audits and survey preparedness), environmental tours, audit/manage the preconstruction risk assessment process and perform associated inspections, provide guidance on the safe storage and handling of hazardous materials.
- Pre-construction risk assessment (PCRA management): provide support related to the PCRA program including managing PCRA meetings and databases, auditing sites, and providing education to contractors and internal stakeholders.
- Life safety code compliance: Assist in NFPA Life Safety Code and related code and standards compliance activities, including oversight of audits of required fire and smoke barrier walls, inspections of doors, and NFPA/LSC code interpretation support.
- OSHA and Environmental compliance: Assist in compliance activities related to OSHA compliance and EPA/DEP compliance services.
- Hospital, construction, and laboratory inspections: Conduct periodic inspections of hospital areas including inpatient, support and ancillary services environments, construction sites, and laboratories in accordance with federal, state, and local government regulations and agencies’ policies.
- Safety training and written program updates: Prepare and deliver EH&S training programs; update written materials regarding EH&S (e.g., Chemical Hygiene Plan, Hazard Communication, etc.).
Education / Training
Must have B.S. degree in safety, fire safety or protection or the natural and/or physical sciences. Professional certification or certification-eligible, (such as CHSP, CIH, CSP, CHMM, HEM) active membership in a professional organization, working knowledge of NFPA, TJC, and OSHA regulations and standards, and OSHA 24-hour HAZWOPER and DOT/RCRA hazardous materials training are preferred.
In addition, the candidate will have a basic understanding of the role of the Joint Commission, the Local Fire Department and Building officials in compliance activities.
Experience / Background / Knowledge
Must have at a minimum three to five years of experience in a healthcare environment and have an understanding of the role of a consultant, working at various client sites. Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
EH&E, an employee-owned company, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a robust benefits package including profit sharing, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, tuition assistance, and 401(k).
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send resume and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com.