EH&S Technical Specialist – Healthcare
Consult at area client sites performing laboratory inspections, providing guidance on the safe storage and handling of hazardous materials, and managing the disposal of hazardous materials, along with many other hospital and laboratory safety responsibilities.
- Construction and Life Safety Inspections: performs inspections of construction and renovation sites to assure Joint Commission and hospital safety standards.
- Hazardous Materials Management: inspect satellite accumulation areas for hazardous waste, assist in assessing hazardous materials and biological material use and safety; investigate incidents; respond to chemical, biological, concerns.
- Safety Training: prepare and deliver biosafety and laboratory EH&S training programs; provide specific laboratory procedures training; update written materials regarding biological safety and laboratory EH&S (e.g., Biosafety Manual, Chemical Hygiene Plan, Hazard Communication, etc.).
- Monitoring: perform industrial hygiene monitoring and respirator fit testing as needed. Maintain records and issue reports.
- Compliance: involved in Joint Commission, OSHA, DEP, MWRA and EPA compliance activities, inspections, and audits.
- Laboratory Inspections: conduct periodic inspections of laboratories in accordance with federal, state, and local government regulations and agencies’ policies; conduct air sampling for specific materials used in the healthcare environment.
Education / Training: Must have B.S. degree in industrial hygiene, safety, or the natural and/or physical sciences.
Experience / Background / Knowledge: Must have at least one year of experience in a healthcare environment. A background in construction and/or life safety would be preferred.
EH&E is an employee-owned enterprise, offering competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including profit sharing, 401K, and tuition aid.
Environmental Health & Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send résumé and salary expectations to mailto:HumanResources@eheinc.com