The Data Analyst examines raw data with the purpose of drawing conclusions about that information. Data analytics is used to allow both internal and external clients to make better business decisions and in the sciences, to verify or disprove existing models or theories.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Collect and configure large datasets to meet project specifications
- Provide technical support to field sampling teams and act as a liaison between the project staff, analytical laboratory, data validator and GIS analysts
- Provide reporting support by generating and formatting tables, charts, or graphs
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Must have experience in environmental or some other physical science
- 4 – 6 years’ working experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (R, SAS, Python, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Education / Training
BS degree in environmental science, chemistry, biology, engineering, or applied computer science. At least 4 years of work experience conducting data analysis, preferably in an environmental consulting firm.
EH&E, an employee-owned company, offers a competitive salary, excellent growth potential, and a robust benefits package including profit sharing, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, tuition assistance, and 401(k).
EH&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please send resume and salary expectations to HumanResources@eheinc.com